Finish: The Letter J Mermaid by Nora Corbett

Image from Embroidery Central

Image from Embroidery Central

I promised a couple of months back  that I would post my conversion for this project. Unfortunately, I lost the notebook for the conversion so I was unable to post it as promised; until now. I was watching grandkids this week and one of them lost his sipppy cup. I searched everywhere for it including under the couch. Not only did I find his cup but I also found the notebook with the conversion.  I decided I better post it before it get lost again.

The above image is what the project should look like if you use the recommended fabric and threads. However, the friend I stitched this for was having a girl.  For the nursery colors, she choose teal, coral, and silver. With the help from Embroidery Central’s staff, I  switched the colors to the following:

Mermaid Letters J

Now for all the little details. The fabric is 28 count 12 by 14 piece of Aphrodite Opalescent. I can’t remember if the fabric is from Pol Stitches or Under The Sea.  Now the threads:

Bramble Bush from Classic Colorworks stayed the same.

I Used Tangerine from Crescent colors to replace Candy Corn.

I used Blue Topaz, not sure of the brand, to replace Cerise.

Colonial copper stayed the same.

I used 945 from DMC to replace Cobbled Peach.

Crushed Pineapple stayed the same.

Hydrangea stayed the same.

I used Peacock, The Gentle Art, to replace Jelly Roll.

I used Goldfish, Crescent Colors, to replace Lobster Claw.

I used Ocean, not sure of the brand, to replace Ora’s Iris.

Vintage violet stayed the same.

Smoke stayed the same.

i used 014 VFB #4 for Star Mauve Krenik

I used 9294 VFB #4 for Pale Pink Krenik

Now for the beads, which are all Mill Hill:

00275 for 00165

10104 for 02005

42027 for 10002

12187 for 13021

10104 for 18824

13036 for 12243

13051 for 12244

The other treasure is a long tear drop shaped crystal but I can’t seem to find a number for it. I did find it my stash so perhaps it is no longer available.

Anyway, there is my conversion finally. Happy Stitching!

Advertisements

1 Finish and 2 WIP’s

Candlewick Pillow

This was a candlewicking kit that I picked up from Desert Industries, a second hand store,  awhile ago. I actually stitched this up last year but I am notorious for not getting anything framed or finished. However, I have been trying to rectify that by finishing what I can by myself. Framing is still left to professionals.

This pillow was actually put together by Jennifer G. Soosay. Thank you Jennifer! She does quilts for the local fabric store, Suppose, and she is going to teach me English Piece making. It’s a type of hand quilting. Sorry, sewing machines and I just don’t get along. Mine is still in time out after our last misadventure.

Now, for the two WIP’s.

Thanksgiving Blessing

Thanksgiving Blessing by Heart in Hand is almost finished, There is just a space at the bottom in between the leaf and acorn charm that need something. I am going to take it to the ladies at Embroidery Central to see what they would recommend. Remember, this is the model for the October Project of the Month from Embroidery Central.  Honestly, it was really easy to stitch up even with all the changes. Yes, I will be posting all the changes as soon as it is finished.

The Second WIP:

The Letter J

The Mermaid Letter J by Nora Corbett. Okay, so I haven’t really worked on this one as much as I should have. I went camping in the rain with my hubby and even though we have a camper, rain and mud is not good for hand dyed fabric. Then, I went into a reading frenzy. I read three or four books by Nora Roberts, 4 by Johanna Lindsey, and 2 by Catherine Coulter, and 1 Mercedes Lackey. I do have a small library in my house with easy access to these authors.

I am trying to get back on track but rain always calls for a good book and a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. Happy Stitching!