Futurecast (a.k.a.Herald) by Teresa Wentzler

1914570_10201706235093860_7150778178337906292_n

Okay so here is the skinny on this cute little dragon. The design is called Futurecast (a.k.a. Herald) from one of my favorite designers Teresa Wentzler. If you like castles, fairies, mid evil stuff, then she is hands down the one to go to.

Now, the bad news. Her patterns are hard to find, believe me, I started collecting her ten years ago and eBay became the place to shop. I may or may not have have paid $50.00 for one of her patterns at one time or another.

Now, the good news. Wentzler is taking another look at her designs and converting them from hand drawn to computerized. She is also releasing some of the designs through Patterns Online. It’s a long process but according to her blog she is enjoying it. However, Futurecast is a freebie that can be found on her website.

You all know I buy most of my supplies through Embroidery Central. What you don’t know is they have a sense of humor and like to create some fun and challenging projects for their stitch group.  They decide to do an April Fool’s challenge with thread based on your birthday. There was three threads picked from DMC, metallic, and hand dyed. Further, the project had to be a certain size.

My mother bought my colors for me which were Ecru from DMC, PB34 from Rainbow Gallery, and Father’s Day from Weeks Dye Works. I thought what in the world was I going to with these then settled on this particular pattern. Of course, I changed the rest of the colors as well.

Dragon’s Main Color
A  159 DMC
B 161 DMC
C 311 DMC
D No number but it is a dark blue
BS 939 DMC

Secondary Color
1 826 DMC
2 825 DMC

Accent Color
+ ecru DMC
Z 738 DMC

Mettalics
Star Symbol PB34 Rainbow Gallery
Circle Symbol SK23 Rainbow Gallery

Mill Hill Beads
For the dragon 18830 size #8
For the border 03002

BS 550 for the crystal ball and border
BS 202HL #4 Krenik for the claws

Unfortunately, I started stitching him before the start date of the April Fool’s challenge so I kinda disqualified myself from the challenge with this pattern. I am still allowed in the challenge with a different pattern but I also need to get some stitching done for the silent auction at the Idaho Elks Summer Convention in Moscow, Idaho. I guess I will see what happens.

If you have any questions or concerns about stitching this little cutie, just send me a comment either here or you can find me on Facebook.  Happy stitching!

Advertisements

Finish: The Letter J Mermaid by Nora Corbett

Image from Embroidery Central

Image from Embroidery Central

I promised a couple of months back  that I would post my conversion for this project. Unfortunately, I lost the notebook for the conversion so I was unable to post it as promised; until now. I was watching grandkids this week and one of them lost his sipppy cup. I searched everywhere for it including under the couch. Not only did I find his cup but I also found the notebook with the conversion.  I decided I better post it before it get lost again.

The above image is what the project should look like if you use the recommended fabric and threads. However, the friend I stitched this for was having a girl.  For the nursery colors, she choose teal, coral, and silver. With the help from Embroidery Central’s staff, I  switched the colors to the following:

Mermaid Letters J

Now for all the little details. The fabric is 28 count 12 by 14 piece of Aphrodite Opalescent. I can’t remember if the fabric is from Pol Stitches or Under The Sea.  Now the threads:

Bramble Bush from Classic Colorworks stayed the same.

I Used Tangerine from Crescent colors to replace Candy Corn.

I used Blue Topaz, not sure of the brand, to replace Cerise.

Colonial copper stayed the same.

I used 945 from DMC to replace Cobbled Peach.

Crushed Pineapple stayed the same.

Hydrangea stayed the same.

I used Peacock, The Gentle Art, to replace Jelly Roll.

I used Goldfish, Crescent Colors, to replace Lobster Claw.

I used Ocean, not sure of the brand, to replace Ora’s Iris.

Vintage violet stayed the same.

Smoke stayed the same.

i used 014 VFB #4 for Star Mauve Krenik

I used 9294 VFB #4 for Pale Pink Krenik

Now for the beads, which are all Mill Hill:

00275 for 00165

10104 for 02005

42027 for 10002

12187 for 13021

10104 for 18824

13036 for 12243

13051 for 12244

The other treasure is a long tear drop shaped crystal but I can’t seem to find a number for it. I did find it my stash so perhaps it is no longer available.

Anyway, there is my conversion finally. Happy Stitching!