Finish: Promise Me by Lizzie Kate

From Embroidery Central

From Embroidery Central

Promise Me was a Project of the Month for August 2014 put together by Embroidery Central. However, I didn’t actually stitch until this year. I had other projects going and I kept finding new projects to stitch so this one kinda got put on the back burner for a while.

Until, I lost my job and didn’t have the money to spend on new projects. I dug out my stash and found this one and went, I forgot I had this one.  Of course, I changed it a bit.

My Conversion

My Conversion

First change is I used a hand dyed fabric from Pol Stitches called Spun Gold purchased through Embroidery Central.

Second change was the thread colors:

I used Garnet, Weeks Dye Works, for Antique Rose.

I used Chives, Simply Shaker, for Endive.

I used Almost Auburn, Classic Colorworks, for Woodtrail.

I used Blue Jay, The Gentle Arts, for Blue Heron.

I used Brown Sugar, Classic Colorworks, Cocoa.

I used Bright Leaf, Weeks Dye Works, for Pecan.

I used an unknown yellow that was in my stash for whiskey.

The brown fabric with words I had purchased a year ago on one of our trips to an Elks convention. I wanted to use this fabric for this particular piece and turn it into a pillow for my daughter. Of course, my sewing skills with a machine are zero to none so I asked a friend of mine to put it together.

She found the red fabric with the flowers and then she offered to appliqué a blue bird and some flowers on the fabric. She admitted that she hates appliqué but she thought it would make the pillow stand out more.  I said If you want go ahead.  Now, I just have to stuff it, slip stitch it closed, wrap it, and put it under the tree.

Advertisements

Finish: The Letter J Mermaid by Nora Corbett

Image from Embroidery Central

Image from Embroidery Central

I promised a couple of months back  that I would post my conversion for this project. Unfortunately, I lost the notebook for the conversion so I was unable to post it as promised; until now. I was watching grandkids this week and one of them lost his sipppy cup. I searched everywhere for it including under the couch. Not only did I find his cup but I also found the notebook with the conversion.  I decided I better post it before it get lost again.

The above image is what the project should look like if you use the recommended fabric and threads. However, the friend I stitched this for was having a girl.  For the nursery colors, she choose teal, coral, and silver. With the help from Embroidery Central’s staff, I  switched the colors to the following:

Mermaid Letters J

Now for all the little details. The fabric is 28 count 12 by 14 piece of Aphrodite Opalescent. I can’t remember if the fabric is from Pol Stitches or Under The Sea.  Now the threads:

Bramble Bush from Classic Colorworks stayed the same.

I Used Tangerine from Crescent colors to replace Candy Corn.

I used Blue Topaz, not sure of the brand, to replace Cerise.

Colonial copper stayed the same.

I used 945 from DMC to replace Cobbled Peach.

Crushed Pineapple stayed the same.

Hydrangea stayed the same.

I used Peacock, The Gentle Art, to replace Jelly Roll.

I used Goldfish, Crescent Colors, to replace Lobster Claw.

I used Ocean, not sure of the brand, to replace Ora’s Iris.

Vintage violet stayed the same.

Smoke stayed the same.

i used 014 VFB #4 for Star Mauve Krenik

I used 9294 VFB #4 for Pale Pink Krenik

Now for the beads, which are all Mill Hill:

00275 for 00165

10104 for 02005

42027 for 10002

12187 for 13021

10104 for 18824

13036 for 12243

13051 for 12244

The other treasure is a long tear drop shaped crystal but I can’t seem to find a number for it. I did find it my stash so perhaps it is no longer available.

Anyway, there is my conversion finally. Happy Stitching!