Image from Embroidery Central
I promised a couple of months back that I would post my conversion for this project. Unfortunately, I lost the notebook for the conversion so I was unable to post it as promised; until now. I was watching grandkids this week and one of them lost his sipppy cup. I searched everywhere for it including under the couch. Not only did I find his cup but I also found the notebook with the conversion. I decided I better post it before it get lost again.
The above image is what the project should look like if you use the recommended fabric and threads. However, the friend I stitched this for was having a girl. For the nursery colors, she choose teal, coral, and silver. With the help from Embroidery Central’s staff, I switched the colors to the following:
Now for all the little details. The fabric is 28 count 12 by 14 piece of Aphrodite Opalescent. I can’t remember if the fabric is from Pol Stitches or Under The Sea. Now the threads:
Bramble Bush from Classic Colorworks stayed the same.
I Used Tangerine from Crescent colors to replace Candy Corn.
I used Blue Topaz, not sure of the brand, to replace Cerise.
Colonial copper stayed the same.
I used 945 from DMC to replace Cobbled Peach.
Crushed Pineapple stayed the same.
Hydrangea stayed the same.
I used Peacock, The Gentle Art, to replace Jelly Roll.
I used Goldfish, Crescent Colors, to replace Lobster Claw.
I used Ocean, not sure of the brand, to replace Ora’s Iris.
Vintage violet stayed the same.
Smoke stayed the same.
i used 014 VFB #4 for Star Mauve Krenik
I used 9294 VFB #4 for Pale Pink Krenik
Now for the beads, which are all Mill Hill:
00275 for 00165
10104 for 02005
42027 for 10002
12187 for 13021
10104 for 18824
13036 for 12243
13051 for 12244
The other treasure is a long tear drop shaped crystal but I can’t seem to find a number for it. I did find it my stash so perhaps it is no longer available.
Anyway, there is my conversion finally. Happy Stitching!